Sunday, November 18, 2012

Nostalgic Gamer Birthday Card...

This is a card that I created for my husband to give to his boss for his birthday. I heard he's' a gamer. Channeling the ever-so-nostalgic Nintendo's Super Mario Brothers, I came up with this pixelated mushroom image for his card. It's based on the Super Mario Brothers 3 power-up mushroom. Instead of going with typical "square" pixels, I thought it would be interesting if dots were used instead. It was a fun experiment since I have never attempted a card like this before. I had to work with a grid as well as punch out the appropriate colors out of cardstock. It took a few days (mostly due to the punching and assembling) and this lovely mosaic of pixels was done. I stamped a birthday greeting and left the back of the card blank for my husband to put his message. The card is a non-traditional postcard style which was mostly due to the size of the pixel mosaic, a folded card just would not do. What do you think?







As an added treat, a dozen mini specialty cupcakes completed the gift!
This box was one of 2 dozen, 1 for the boss, the other for the office! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment