Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Rapunzel Themed 3rd Birthday...

A dear friend's daughter has a birthday coming up. She will be turning 3 and she loves Disney's movie "Tangled". Her mom decided to throw her a party with that theme. She asked me to create the banner with her daughter's name on it. There will also be a full-size piñata in the figure of Rapunzel, which I helped pick out. Check out what I did...



I used premium 12 x 12 card-stock for the purple and yellow parts of the banner. The triangles were cut out by hand. The letters were cut out of black glitter foam sheets. Basically, I chose a font I liked, increased the size to fit 2 letters per sheet, and hit print. These became my font template. All items were cut by hand. I even meticulously cut out the sunburst design using scissors from a template I printed out online. I connected the banner together using gold-tone brads. I created a cute relevant design in the circle portion of the banner showing Rapunzel and added the number "3" to indicate the birthday girl's age. After I printed it out, I added glitter to the 3 to make it sparkle.

The piñata was a cute idea my friend came up with. I helped her find this one after seeing many options. We liked this one the best since her hair was to the side and her eyes were green. My friend added the flowers to the hair after following a tutorial I showed her for creating tissue-paper flowers. She shared this photo with me when she was done. The piñata stick came with it and it is decoratively wrapped in alternating yellow and purple ribbon. The candy bags are small square purple translucent bags which were plain. I went ahead and created matching labels to stick to them.



After this project, I have decided to add party decor to my list of projects, in addition to my handmade cards. If you're interested in a design, please drop me a line.

As always, I value your feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment