Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Father's Day Fun...

Father's Day was this past Sunday and of course, I made a card for Dad. The gift was not your typical gift of a tie, car stuff or gardening equipment, but a 12 year old bottle of Knappogue Castle Irish Malt Whiskey, aged 12 years. I must say he was delighted!


Dad likes things simple. For the card, I used Kraft paper. I then worked with greens and blues to finish the look. His favorite color is blue. (His first car was a light blue '65 Mustang).  I decided to match the gift to the card using postal-wrap. It was a roll a of kraft paper with a thick quality. It worked nicely with the tube shape. I covered the seams in decorative contact paper, cut to roughly 1" strips. To finish off, I die-cut a scalloped circle, in green, for the top and added a coordinating heart. I couldn't leave the bottom of the gift unfinished, so I die-cut a piece of the kraft postal wrap in a circle and affixed it to the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment