Friday, May 18, 2012

Happy Birthday to my Hubby...

Well, not exactly today. His actual birthday was a couple days ago, on May 15th. I am a little behind in posting :) I wanted to share with you the card I made for him. I embellished the front with the colorful random-striped wrapping paper I used to wrap his gift. I used a heart-shaped die-cutter to punch out the shape. I then stamped "Happy Birthday" to finish off the look. It is a flat card, kinda like a post-card. I used washi-tape in coordinating colors to adhere the linen-textured blank sheet on the back. This is where I wrote my special message. I coordinated the card with a purple envelope, color taken from one of the wrapping paper stripes. I also used a scalloped circle die to punch out the envelope seal. Check out the pics. What do you think?

The Ensemble - Front

The Ensemble - Back

I used turquoise-green and light orange colored washi tape for the message area.

I coordinated the envelope with the colors being used.


No comments:

Post a Comment